Monday 3 July 2017

A Milk Carton Kennel

Hiya, Jenny here on this bright sunny Monday!! (well it was when I started!!)

It seems that Tara and I were thinking along the same lines this week as I have a gift box idea for you today but on a much smaller scale....


I've had an idea for a while to try turning the Lawn Fawn Milk Carton into a kennel and I thought these cute bulldogs from Wplus9's Friends for All Seasons: Summer would go perfectly with it :) The set comes with three cute dogs that can hold different items and a few scenery elements too. I've coloured the images with Polychrome pencils and cut them by hand but dies are available!! You can of course mix and match elements from the rest of the stamp sets in the range too which I have done, by using a sentiment from the spring set.




It's very simple to put together because you make the milk carton up as normal, the only thing you need to do before joining the two pieces together is cut the door. I used a rounded top tag and the partial cut technique as I didn't want the full height of the tag...


The roof is a piece of red card measuring 10cm x 8cm which has been scored and folded in half along the longest side. I have cut a large slit along the fold and then used a decorative scallop die to trim the edges and stamped tiles using the Modern Mosaic background stamp.

TIP: don't make the slot too big as it needs to be a snug fit over the top of the carton :)


The roof slips over the top of the carton and holds it shut..... functional and decorative :)


I've put a small bag of nuts in my gift box because I'm disorganised and haven't got any nice sweet treats in the house!..... but you could use this box for anything, even some tiny doggy treats to give as a gift to a four-legged friend. How about a "welcome to your new home" for a newly adopted fur baby!??..... there's a great sentiment in the set for that occasion which reads "Lucky me, I've got you!"

It makes a cute little box for both humans and canines alike and looking at the shape, you could make it into a bird box too!!

                  

Thanks for stopping by, catch you next week :)
Jenny x


4 comments:

  1. this is such a great idea! I love how you transformed the milk carton into a dog house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally adorable! I love the roof for some reason... so cute. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team