Sunday 16 July 2017

Cats and Dogs

As I love cats and dogs (probably more than most humans!) then there was only one way I was going with this months MFT release!


I started with smitten kitten and did a little masking to get two cuties onto my base card together.  The kitchen as hand drawn - much easier than it sounds - a few straight lines and some shading.  All coloured with copics and then finished with a little strip of grid patterned paper as it looks like tiles and a sentiment from the stamp set stamped on top.


For the doggies I had the dog from "Up!" in my head, I love that you could hear his thoughts and I thought the sentiments in the Puppy Pals set were just like his.  My friend and I always include our pets on our cards so I thought this would be fun to send to her from her dog on her next birthday!


I created a rough sky by inking up my acrylic block with some pale blue ink and spritzed it with water before swiping across the card.  I stamped and die cut the dog and mounted him onto a thin strip of card stamped with instructions using the MFT Interactive Labels set as I wanted the dog to show his excitement by jumping for his ball.   To give the pull strip somewhere to go I die cut a strip of grass and glued it down missing section wide enough for the strip at the bottom and the dog at the top - that way the dog can hide in the grass but won't fall out of the bottom of the card altogether.

Both these cards were easy but took more than a few minutes and as I also needed to make a very last minute masculine birthday card yesterday I grabbed the new Celebrate Speech Bubble die and made one in under 5 minutes!  I do love to have some products on hand I know will make something quick and stylish in an emergency (like when my husband asks for a card for xxx's birthday which is always "today"!)


I simply die cut the speech bubble from black card and mounted it on the base card and used 3 shades of Blue-Green pens from very pale through to pale to give the word itself an ombre look.  You could do a rainbow too which would look fabulously festive!




NEWS FROM THE STORE

It will be a slightly quieter week in the store this week following all the arrivals last week but we should have our Stamping Bella delivery which includes restocks and the new release - there is a ALOT to upload so bear with me whilst I do that.

We are also going to be having a few days off next weekend to celebrate my husbands birthday - the store will remain open but we will not be answering emails or processing any orders from 5pm on Friday until 9am on Tuesday.  When we start back at work on Tuesday there will be a big back log of orders to process so please note that orders will not arrive quite as quickly as you are used to but it is our first day off  THIS YEAR so I do hope you'll forgive us just this once.

There is a slim chance that we will receive a restock delivery from Lawn Fawn in time to upload to the store before we go away.  If not - it will be live at some point the week after once we catch up on order processing.

Waffle Flower have a new release on the 20th July.  Again there is a slim chance we will get it before we go away - if not we will get it online as soon as we can the week after.

We are still waiting for the Altenew order we made a couple of weeks ago to be processed and shipped.

I will still have a blog post next week but it will be scheduled before we leave so the news update may be short!

Laters.

Tara

2 comments:

  1. Loving those sweet cat and dog sets <3 The dog ears look like angel wings! Fab cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the 'cats and dogs' thing. Lovely cards too. I especially like your kittie kitchen. I do hope you enjoy your time away, you certainly deserve it and I am sure none if us mind if there is a little delay. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team