Tuesday 25 July 2017

Duh Nuh Circle Scene Card

Hello and happy Tuesday!

I wanted to create a layered card but keep the dimension to a minimum, so it's easy to mail.


I've used circles to create scenes within layers. This is a small card, so I only have 3 layers (two plus the card base). The bigger the card, the more layers you can use, but obviously this will bulk out the card more.

I first cut two squares from white card - one stitched squared and one zig zag edge square. The zig zag square is the top layer so I die cut the largest circle from this. On the stitched square that layers below this, I die cut a smaller circle. I used the Hero Arts infinity circle dies set, which has a great selection of different sizes. 


On the square card base, I blended on some light blue ink for the sky. Then I added the square die cuts on top.

The positive die cut circle pieces will help create the scene. From the smaller circle, I die cut a stitched hillside, then an ocean wave. I used distress inks to add colour to each piece and water droplets on the sea for interest. I stuck these down on the card, back in place in the circle like a puzzle. The space at the top shows the sky from the card base.

On the larger circle, I die cut another ocean wave, colouring the same as the other one. Before adding this to the card, I heat embossed the 'duh nuh' sentiment on the bottom. 


The shark is from the Lawn Fawn Duh Nuh stamp set, and the palm trees from Ahoy Matey. I used alcohol markers to colour them in, and fussy cut them out.


I hope you like my no-bulk layered card. 

See you next week,
Gemma

Lawn Fawn Duh-Nuh
Lawn Fawn Zig Zag Squares
Lawn Fawn Ahoy Matey
Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Squares



Hero Arts Circle Infinity Dies

MFT Ocean Waves










1 comment:

  1. This is gorgeous, Gemma. What a fab scene, and I love the shaped panel edge which is a great detail :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team