Friday 10 November 2017

Three Bear Party!

Hi everybody,

Jill here, and this week, I've got a tale of three little bears, and they're looking for a party!


Created using the so so sweet Bitty Bears set from My Favourite Thing's.


I fell in love with these little Bitty Bears as soon as I set eyes on them. Firstly, they are beyond sweet, and secondly, I loved that the open design meant you could create any kinda bear your heart desired from them.  So I decided to go with a whole little soiree of species!

I love the clean and simple design of the Bitty Bears set and really wanted my card to mirror that style so went with a very CAS no-line colour design.


I started by stamping out my little bears all in a row in a very light ink so the outline could be easily covered, then colouring them using pencils as I thought the modest subtle effect would work well
with the style.  I'm not too great at pencil colouring (obviously ha), but I tell you what, I LOVE it and find it so therapeutic.  It is calming and relaxing and I put the enjoyment I get from that way ahead of a perfect result, surely that's what it's all about, right?


Once my bears were finished I added some black pen to make their eyes and noses 'pop', and added a soft blend of pencil across the background.
My sentiment is from the same Bitty Bear set and is heat embossed in white.


As I said, I really wanted to embrace the simple design of the stamps so left my card free from embellishments and with a lot of 'bare' space ;)

I really hope you like it.  As always, everything I used is linked below so be sure to have a peek at which type of bear you see!

See you next week.

Jillx

Bitty Bears

1 comment:

  1. OMG this is A-Dor-ABLE!! Love it and the pencil makes it so much fun :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team