Friday 12 January 2018

Flamazing Flamingo!!

Hi, It's Jenny here on a Friday this week as Jill and I have swapped days!

As it's my first blog post after Christmas and the weather has been quite gloomy for the past few days, I thought a splash of colour is what we need.... so how about a pink flamingo to brighten your day??


This is my first time inking up this set and I found it quite easy to line the various solid parts up without the need for a stamping tool. Seeing as I hadn't been into my craftroom at all over the Christmas break I thought I'd go clean and simple and hope the mojo was still there *wink*

I used the largest Stitched Dome Stax die to make a negative mask and sponge a light blue sky before stamping the water ripples and palm tree. The flamingo is stamped and trimmed out (coordinating dies are available and on my wish list!) along with some greenery from the set.


For the sentiment strip I used the largest Oval Word Window die to cut a black banner and then heat emboss the wording in white. It's great how you can use either the frame of the centre piece from those dies and the rounded end matches my background inking too :)

Looking at the scene now I can see I should have put the sun in the sky.... perhaps I've forgotten what that is, I haven't seen it for quite a few days here!!


                             
Happy New Year and thanks for stopping by :)
Jenny x

1 comment:

  1. Wow Jenny - this is just fabulous! Sigh, and I'm supposed to be an a shopping diet! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - we hope the blog inspires your creativity.
The Seven Hills Crafts Design Team